Facebook — now will accounts up for sale ($25 / 1000 where there are less than 10 friends, and $45 / 1000 where there are more than 10 friends) – has again changed their privacy approach – even retroactively…
So – here’s a quick how-to on removing yourself from the system:
- Log into your account with your valid username and password
- Choose “Account” -> “Account Settings” (top right-hand corner)
- Choose “Deactivate account” – last option of those on the page.
- Choose your reason for deactivation – top of the list (ironically) is “I have a privacy concern”, with “I don’t feel safe on Facebook” at number 6.
- Click on “Deactivate my account” (remember to opt out of receiving future mails from Facebook, too)
But you knew that already! 🙂